|Dojo (School) Rules
- Always be on time!
- Show respect to your instructors and to the
Sensei at all times.
- Leave all problems and bad attitudes at the
door before entering the Dojo! If you want
them after class, pick them back up and take
them with home with you!
- Always let the instructor know BEFORE class
if you have any injuries that will prohibit you
from doing any techniques or exercises.
- Listen carefully to your instructor and when in
doubt, ask for further assistance. A careless
attitude and lack of attention can lead to
- No jewelry will be worn in class.
- No gum chewing in class.
- Students will bow when entering and departing
- Students will come to attention and bow when
the instructor or any Black Belt enters the
- Mistakes are not a laughing matter, but a
reminder to try harder.
- I encourage each of you to practice kata on a
daily basis. Focus on deepening your stances,
developing your balance, and regulating your
breathing during kata practice. Remember
that when you build a strong foundation
(stances, balance, breathing, focus, targeting,
and concentration) a house can withstand a lot
of pressure and physical strain and still remain
- Any student outside of the Dojo that conducts
them self in an intimidating manner, or
practices unauthorized teaching of friends,
relatives, etc., or in any way abuses the art
will be dealt with by the school.